WORLD BOOK DAY 2015
The World Book Day was organised by the “Culture for all – phase III” project, in collaboration with ARTPOLIS, on 23 and 24 April 2015 in Pristina.
The WBD included the following activities:
- Small-scale Book fair with 13 bookstores and libraries and readings in Mother Teresa square. More than 5,000 people attended the Book fair built in the city center and 20 volunteers were engaged in the promotion of the bookstores and readings to the general audience in the square.
- Reading with children at the school libraries with poet for children, Erina Rrahmani, and a performance with actors. The activity involved over 50 children from Albanian, Bosnian communities and children with disabilities at Naim Frasheri primary school. The performance was also presented to over 110 children at the “Gezimi yne” kindergarten and “Faik Konica” Primary School.
- Panel Discussion at the EU Information Centre on “Reading and publishing – Lifestyle or habit?” with poet Ilire Zajmi, publisher Besian Buzuku, Memish Hyseni from Hivzi Sylejmani Library, and was moderated by journalist Elvira Berisha. The panel was followed by RTV21, Koha Ditore and Zeri newspapers.
- Youth Poetry Jam Session at Dodona Theatre with young people from high schools from Pristina, Lipjan, Gjakova, Ferizaj, Prizren and Peja.
- Poetry reading at Dodona Theatre with poets, artists and musicians. The event “Poetry night with Artists and music” gathered over 100 audience members mainly students, civil society activists, artists, poets and readers.
The event attached local media attraction and was broadcasted though the main Kosovo’s TV channels (RTK, KTV, Klan Kosova, TOP Channel and RTV21).